WHY IS 2PAC NOT ON THE LIST?

What? When I heard Jadakiss mention this on The Breakfast Club I could not believe my ears at all. I just could not believe anyone, or any publication that knew their salt - I have always considered Billboard to be such a publication - could make such a gaffe. A top 10 greatest rappers of all time list without Tupac Amaru Shakur in it? This must be a poor joke of sorts. Whether it is or not, I bet there are those ready to make heads roll for such a monumental error.
Yes, I agree that the rappers on the list deserve to be in the conversation - somewhere in the conversation - but to leave the street poet Tupac Shakur out of it is just absolutely ridiculous. How did the god lose his place to the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Ghostface Killah, Lil Wayne and Lauryn Hill?  In some quarters, this is indeed considered sacrilege.Well done Steven Horowitz and Alexander Gale. You two deserve to be awarded the accolade of  Donkey of the Day by Charlamagne tha god. I wonder why he did not do that!

Visit http://www.billboard.com/photos/6723017/best-rappers-of-all-time for the list.


Comments

Popular Posts