MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CEO IS ABSOLUTELY UNFAZED BY BRONER'S INSULTS

Ellerbe and Vargas.  Image: Mayweather Promotions Twitter

Leonard Ellerbe, to my humble self, is a very likeable person. Always suited up and well-spoken, he exudes a calm that is very hard to fake. He is the epitome of the professional who is confident in his abilities and so, does not have to go about running his mouth.

For this reason, I am not surprised that Ellerbe is unfazed by Adrien Broner's verbal attack during Thursday's press conference at the Barclay's Centre.

Speaking to Michael Woods of Ring TV, Ellerbe said:

“I really don’t feed into anything. I’m the CEO of Mayweather Promotions, we’re the co-promoter of this card — done a phenomenal job of promoting this event. I’ll continue to do that. As I’ve said, this isn’t about me, whether someone likes me, I could care less. I could care less. We put on the biggest and best events, and these are the things they should learn from, with being respectful. 

"In this sport, you’ll quickly find out when you conduct yourself like a professional, like a businessman, it all works out in your favor. I don’t have to fight Saturday night. I’m promoting the event along with Lou (DiBella) and TGP, and we have a spectacular event and that’s what we’re looking to do.”

He went on to compliment Jesse Vargas, Adrian Broner's opposition on Saturday at the Barclay's Centre, Brooklyn, calling the boxer with 28 wins, 2 losses and no draws, ultra-professional and super-accessible, and then dismissed Broner's insults as "just nonsense."

 Being a guy worthy of emulation, Ellerbe went on to share the secret of his ability to keep his cool in the face of an undeserved, unexpected verbal assault, saying his mother told him that people would call you names when they admired your deeds. Those - once again, to my humble self - are words to live by. 

As pointed out by Michael Woods, Ellerbe was confident enough to stand behind Broner when the fighter fielded questions from reporters after the press conference. He truly is the epitome of professionalism, and this, most unfortunately, cannot be said about Broner. 

Mayweather Promotions should be proud to have him as its CEO. I mean, to be honest, how many men have the requisite level of a sense of self-worth and self control to be able to take being called a "bitch ass nigga" on live television without blowing their top? More power to your elbow Mr Ellerbe.



Comments

Popular Posts